Debenhams Wedding Insurance Review
- Five levels of cancellation cover
- Wedding insurance abroad at no extra cost
- 10% online discount and FREE £10 Debenhams gift card
- Up to £27,500 Failure of suppliers
- Max Cancellation Cover £60,000
- Excess £25 and £50 depending on the level of cover
- Insurance starts from £61.97
Overview of Debenhams Wedding Insurance
The conclusion of our Debenhams Wedding Insurance Review:
Debenhams Wedding Insurance offers wide coverage for your special day and also includes a 10% if you buy online. With five levels of cover to choose from starting at £61.97 for up to £10,000 cancellation cover rising to £209.32 for up to £60,000 of cancellation cover, there’s a plan to suit all budgets and most eventualities.
Whether you’re having a relatively low key wedding or a lavish full blown affair, taking out wedding insurance will give you peace of mind. Waking up on your wedding day feeling nervous and with butterflies in your stomach is far preferable to having worries about the lack of wedding insurance playing on your mind.
Debenhams Wedding Insurance offers wide coverage for your special day and also includes a 10 percent discount if you buy online. With five levels to choose from starting at £61.97 for up to £10,000 cancellation cover rising to £209.32 for up to £60,000 of cancellation cover, there’s a plan to suit all budgets and most eventualities. From something as catastrophic as the cancellation of your wedding down to your florist going bust just before the wedding day, a Debenhams Wedding Insurance plan will offer you ample protection depending on the level of cover you buy.
Here is an overview of what Debenhams Wedding Insurance covers.
Table of Debenhams Wedding Insurance Cover Types:
|Events and losses||Gold||Emerald||Platinum||Ruby||Diamond|
|Failure of suppliers||£5k||£7.5k||£12.5k||£18.5k||£27.5k|
|Photographs and video||£5k||£7.5k||£10k||£18.5k||£27.5k|
|Wedding cake and flowers||£3k||£7.5k||£10k||£12.5k||£15k|
|Public liability (UK only)||£2.5m||£2.5m||£2.5m||£2.5m||£2.5m|
|Premium (inc IPT)||£61.97||£82.68||£106.27||£161.82||£218.65|
Levels of Cover
Debenhams wedding insurance offer 5 levels of cover to suite most wedding budgets. The have been called Gold, Emerald, Platinum, Ruby and Diamond and cover a maximum of £60,000 Cancellation and Rearrangement, £27,000 for Failure of Suppliers and £12,500 for Wedding Gifts with their Diamond Level cover.
Cover starts from £61.97 up to £209.32 depending on the level of cover you choose.
Other wedding insurance providers do have more levels of cover, however, Debenhams have tailored these policies to cover all wedding budgets and requirements.
What’s Covered by my policy?
The following is a list of what events and losses are covered and what are optional extras covered by your Debenhams Wedding Insurance Policy. To see the amount each event or loss is covered, please refer to the table below.
The following events and losses are covered by Debenhams Wedding Insurance
- 1. Cancellation and Rearrangement
- 2. Wedding and ceremonial attire
- 3. Wedding gifts
- 4. Wedding rings
- 5. Flowers
- 6. Attendent’s gifts
- 7. Wedding cake
- 8. Cars and transport
- 9. Photography and video
- 10. Failure of suppliers
- 11. Essential document indemnity (overseas wedding only)
- 12. Personal Accident
- 13. Personal Liability
- 14. Public Liability (UK only)
- 15. Legal Expenses
The following events and losses are Optional covers (available on payment of an additional premium) by Debenhams Wedding Insurance
- 1. Marquee
- 2. Ceremonial Swords
- 3. Public Liability upgrade
When you take out a policy with Debenhams Wedding Insurance they will send you an email confirming your purchase and your policy documents.
It is important to read through the documentation to insure you are comfortable with the level of cover and the terms and conditions.
Below we have provided the Debenhams Wedding Insurance Policy documents.
Important Information Document
Insurance Product Information Document (IPID)
Debenhams Wedding Insurance FAQ’s
Do Debenhams cover overseas weddings?
Yes, Debenhams will cover your weddings abroad are covered, however you will need to take out separate travel insurance to cover your travel and accommodation.
Do Debenhams cover civil partnership ceremonies?
Yes, civil partnerships are covered by Debenhams Wedding Insurance.
Is the wedding covered if either party decides not to get married?
The simple answer is NO. No wedding insurance provider will provide cover in this situation.
I’ve already booked some services. Will these be covered?
Yes, any services that are already booked will automatically be covered from the date the insurance is paid for and issued.
When should I purchase the wedding insurance?
You should purchase a wedding insurance policy as soon as you make any bookings or pay any deposits towards your wedding. You can purchase policies up to 2 years before the wedding date.
How user friendly is the Debenhams Wedding Insurance Website?
You can get a free quote at the following URL https://www.icompareweddinginsurance.co.uk/DebenhamsInsurance/ and selecting the relevant level of cover.
The website is very easy navigate with very clear forms and clearly displays your progress (see below).
The website is mobile and tablet friendly and the font is large and clear.
You cannot save progress while completing the form, however the form has 4 sections that should not take more than 10 minutes to complete.
Making a Claim
Naturally you never want to be in the position of having to make a claim, however you need to know that if you did the support is there and the process is easy.
Debenhams Wedding Insurance have a three steps to making a claim.
The following are the three steps to making a claim with Debenhams Wedding Insurance
- 1. Have your policy number to hand (you’ll find it at the top of your policy schedule).
- 2. Call the Debenhams claims team on 0344 412 4296 no later than 31 days after the event. This telephone number is to register your claim Only.
- 3. Let their friendly team guide you through making a claim.
Open 9am to 5pm Mon-Fri. Closed Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.
Contacting Debenhams Wedding Insurance (Not Claims)
You can contact Debenhams either by email or telephone on the details below.
Telephone: 0800 440 2430
Lines open 8am to 8pm Mon-Fri, 9am to 1pm Sat-Sun. Closed bank holidays.
Summary of what cover you can expect from Debenhams Wedding Insurance.
Here is a quick review of what you can expect your Debenhams wedding insurance policy typically cover:
- Cancellation of the wedding and/or reception as well as the cost of re-arranging. Not surprisingly, it doesn’t cover the possibility of one or other of you having a change of heart.
- Wedding attire – This covers damage or loss to the wedding garments worn by the bride, groom, and attendants.
- Wedding presents – Cover against loss, theft or damage plus Debenhams gift list items are given an extended three month guarantee.
- Loss or damage to the wedding rings, attendants’ gifts, flowers and the wedding cake.
- Failure of the wedding car hire company to meet their contracted obligations.
- Photography/Video – cover against the non-appearance of the photographer and/or videographer and loss or damage to the negatives or digital media.
- Failure of suppliers – should a pre-booked supplier become bankrupt or go into liquidation.
- Essential documentation – The loss of any necessary documents which have to accompany the bride and groom on an overseas wedding.
- Personal liability – Cover for the bride and groom should they be held liable for any damage to a third party’s property or for injury to another person. For less than £20 extra, this can be updated to public liability to cover the whole wedding party.
- Personal accident which covers the bride and groom against any bodily injury incurred on the wedding day which within 12 months results in death, loss of limbs, or permanent disability.
In addition both marquee insurance and ceremonial sword cover can be purchased separately, but please not that this cover does not apply outside of the UK.
Should you have to make a claim there will be an excess to pay in most sections of between £25 and £50 depending on the level of cover. As with all insurance, certain limitations and exclusions apply so be sure to read through the fine print of your Debenhams policy to avoid any nasty surprises.
Debenhams Wedding Insurance Voucher Codes Available:
Debenhams Wedding Insurance Discount Codes.
Our discount codes are the latest available from Debenhams and are up-to-date and checked today